vision is to become a premier academic institution which will transform
the educational approach and raise the benchmark of the education
system in Nepal.
Thames International College ensures world class education that transforms students into independent, cooperative, competent and socially responsible citizens who value education as a lifelong process.
- Promote independent learning that would foster in our students a lifelong desire to learn.
- Prepare students to become socially responsible citizens for meaningful contributions to society.
- Cultivate in our students a critical cast of mind, a respect for diversity, and an understanding of their own and others' values.
- Transform our students into an internationally competitive workforce.
- Promote a culture of tolerance, appreciation, and cooperation.
- Create a student-centered environment.
- Encourage creativity in our faculty and students.
- Promote international perspectives in the course curriculum.
College Aims & Approach to education
The college takes a liberal approach to education, introducing a learning that empowers students as individuals and prepares them to deal with the complexity, diversity and change in the modern world. The college aims to provide students with a broad knowledge as well as in-depth study in the specific area of interest.
The college seeks to develop in each individual student the essential skills and understanding, flexibility and confidence to respond positively to the professional challenges of a career in the continuously changing world. Students are encouraged to question, challenge, critically reflect, discuss and comment on the concepts and structures which frame the current practices.
Students are also encouraged to become independent and self-sustaining individuals with the motivation and the abilities to continue their personal and professional development during the program and once they have graduated from Thames.
The college, through its schools, offices and academic programs, aim to
Knowledge of Human Cultures and the Physical and Natural World through
an integrated liberal arts program and general education courses
intellectual and practical skills, including critical thinking, reading
and writing, oral communication, working in a team, and the ability to
creatively solve unseen problems.
Develop specific core subject knowledge
integrative and applied learning through internships, field placements,
community service and volunteering opportunities.
personal and social responsibility, including civic knowledge and
engagement awareness of the local community and global issues, ethically
and socially responsible leadership and foundations and skills for