Computer Science is applied in all spheres of life. Be it Business Management or Public Administration, Enterprise resource planning or Hotel management, psychology or biology, application of computer technology has become inevitable. While the developed world has already immensely benefited from computer applications, developing countries are fast turning to computer science for efficient and innovative solutions to address the needs of the society.Program Objectives:
- To develop understanding of all aspects of existing and emerging information technologies and their impact on the Information system function
- To develop understanding of design and development of database applications using the latest technologies
- To develop understanding of the wider world : Society, Management, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics
- To develop understanding of Ethics and greater Social Responsibility
- To develop ability to think critically, communicate clearly and solve complex problems
- To develop ability to work in a team and lead innovation in the workplace
Thames Bachelor in Computer Application is a 4 year (8 semesters) program. The program is offered by School of Business and Technology in affiliation with Faculty of Humanities, Tribhuvan University. Students are required to complete 126 credits hours of course work. The program leads to a degree from Tribhuvan University.What You Will Study
Core courses cover essential information technology topics such as networking, programming, artificial intelligence, cyber law, and software development and information systems. Studying these areas will give you a comprehensive understanding and provide you with the necessary acumen to move into almost any area of business and providing solutions with the knowledge of information technology.
In the final year, you can opt to specialize in either of the combinations which will be created from the pool of available electives which is spread into various areas that may interest you and match your career aims. There are also elements of personal development built into the program, which will help you learn about yourself and discover where your strengths lie. By graduation, you will be ready for a successful career.
Student will also participate in General Education Courses that will provide an opportunity to enhance your study skills and broaden your knowledge. These courses will allow you to develop a sense of social responsibility as well as strong intellectual and practical skills that cover all areas of study, such as communication, analytical and problem solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to apply these knowledge and skills in real-world settings.